Get to know Dylan Wilk.
A self-made millionaire who built his fortune selling computer games in England but found his happiness and life purpose in the Philippines. He's now a social entrepreneur, the CEO of Human Nature.
Receive your FREE Email newsletter. Subscribe to The Pinoy Entrepreneur.
Personal Finance superstar Suze Orman was in the Philippines for a brief road show, encouraging Filipinos to believe in the Philippines, to start saving, and to finally launch that journey to financial freedom. Here are some of the key points that she imparted during her stay.
On Marriage and Finance
- Having a Prenuptial agreement (prenup) is good.
- Marry someone who you can freely discuss money issues with.
- Debt is financial bondage.
- You will never achieve financial freedom if you have debt.
- Pay off all your debt first before you start saving.
- The most common financial sin is Credit Card debt.
- Explode The Invisible Financial Ceiling Over Your Head. Learn the Habits of the Happy Millionaire! “Captain Abundance” Bo Sanchez (Founder, TrulyRichClub) will defeat financial mediocrity in your life by helping you create patterns of financial success that all multimillionaires practice. Start a financial revolution in your life!
Her story is definitely inspiring. There is money to be made freelancing in the internet. As Sheila put it, it's the independent and modern Filipino family's way of making a living. It's a very interesting read. Read more about the internet freelancing industry after the jump.
How I Made My First Millions
Highlights from the article by Mr. Heinz Bulos of Money Sense
- Made her first million when she was 34 years old in real estate.
- Biggest mistake was doing to many things at one time. She learned that it was better to concentrate on one field. When she saw the blueprints of Bonifacio Global City (BGC) she knew she found the right place to sell.
- Tips of earning money in the real estate business: study the market well and find out what the market needs and develop the ability to match the need of the market with the need of the buyer.
- No. 1 mistake of newbies: Focusing more on the money than the relationship with clients!