Home-based Business (Home-baked goodies)

Home-based Business (Baked goodies)
Ever wonder why people selling home-baked goodies multiply during the Christmas season? For obvious reasons, you might say that it's because a lot more people order baked goodies during the holiday season. However, have you any idea how much the potential market is? Read on to find out.




At the start of the "Ber" months (September - December), which unofficially marks the start of the Christmas season here in the Philippines, I started experimenting with baking brownies and asked our secretary to peddle them to bank tellers and store personnels. The response was overwhelming. A set, which is around 50 pieces of brownies, would sell out in just an hour! Clearly there was a demand in the market.

And so I continued selling them, positioning myself in this market segment for the December orders. Thankfully, a lot did order their holiday goodies from me. All in all, in just a span of 10 days, I was able to sell around 1,500 pieces of brownies (in different box sizes). In pesos, that amounted to around 10,000 pesos! That's like earning 1,000 pesos a day for just a few hours of work each day. Wow!

I wouldn't say though that it was the easiest 10,000 I've made in 10 days. I've earned more in even fewer days. I will share these stories in my upcoming posts. However, with this venture, what I liked most about it was that I didn't have to shell out any money for the ingredients! What I did was use my credit card for the ingredients purchase. I was successfully able to use credit in order to generate income! So when January came and my credit card bill arrived, I had more than enough money to pay for it.

With this business also, not only do you earn, but you also get to enjoy the compliments from your customers. It always feels good to know that you made someone happy. (^o^)v I think I will continue doing this business. Who knows? A lot of dessert shops doing good right now actually started from their homes as well.

Have articles sent to your Email for FREE. Subscribe to The Pinoy Entrepreneur by Email


Related Articles:



Posted in Subject: , , |

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Comments